Sunday, October 22, 2006

Animation Workshop in Sao Paulo

logo3.gif

This weekend I am in the lovely city of Sao Paulo, Brazil. I’ve been invited by the good guys at Melies, an animation and Cg graphics school here. Yesterday I gave a fun filled 6 hours workshop on animation and today we’re getting ready to do it all over again for a new crowd. The enthusiasm of the students is always the funnest part of these things. John & Marcelo of Melies have gone out of their way to make me feel welcome here and I am having a great time. They even invited me to play soccer (futebol) with them on Thursday night and everybody was so cool and friendly. Every week they get their students and faculty together for a friendly night of running around. It’s a great way to bring everybody together and to shake off some of that Cg blubber that can build up from sitting in front of a monitor all day and night. If I’m lucky I’ll soon have photos of me running around in my shiny new soccer shoes. I’ve even had a chance to meet a few VTS subscribers in person. How odd that they see me each month- and they STILL decided to come and listen to me. These poor people need help. They’re obviously deranged. Heh.
Keep your eye on this school. Seriously, I’m impressed. In just over a year of operation they’re already doing great things and I believe that they will quickly establish themselves as one of the better animation & Cg schools in the world.

1 comment:

Keith Lango said...

original comments here...
http://www.keithlango.com/wordpress/?p=290#comments