Friday, June 15, 2007

Clay-styled CG fun!

From Cg-Talk….

Done in Maya to emulate stop motion clay. Very nicely done- it certainly passes for clay stop-motion. Of course this would have been quite a bit easier using clay, I bet. I understand the idea of experimenting and trying new things. I do it all the time. I’m still looking for a uniquely CG style of animation that isn’t an emulation of hand drawn, stop-motion, puppet, reality, After Effects, paper cutout, etc. Is it really true that Pixar found the one and only style of design & motion that is uniquely CG lo so many years hence? CG seems to be ever the Xerox of animation, a doppleganger. I still wonder if there isn’t another visual/motion style (othe than the one we already have) that can be specifically CG and can be no other. It’s alright if there isn’t another one, but I’m still curious.

No comments: